Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is this real life?

So this is apparently the viral Internet video of the moment, and everyone seems to find it cute and hilarious. I feel like I'm one of the few people who finds it unbelievably disturbing and upsetting. I guess maybe it has its moments of cuteness, like when David discovers his fingers. But when he lifts himself out of his car seat and screams, when he asks, "Is this going to be forever?" and when he asks, "Why is this happening to me?", I think it's horrible. I feel like I should warn you not to watch it unless you're ready to be haunted by it for a long time, but like I said, everyone else seems to think it's just funny. I, on the other hand, think the same dad whose poor parenting led to this kid's need of oral stitches in the first place is securing his place in hell by YouTubing his kid's frightening drug trip. Every time I watch it, I feel like I am watching documented child abuse, and it has given me a few nightmares. I'm not kidding. You've been warned.

9 comments:

Kyle said...

I find it hilarious when anyone comes out of anesthesia like this, but if I were that kid I'd be pretty ticked that it's on the Internet and I had no say in it. This kid is in such a vulnerable moment and his parents are posting him for everyone to laugh at. That's sad...although I may start using the line, "Is this real life?" more often because it is hilarious.

Brian said...

Oh stop, the kid is fine.

SB said...

Doug, I am with you on this one. I found this really disturbing and not at all funny. Poor little guy. I don't think we should be encouraging people to dope up their children for a good laugh. Especially because you know there are some sick people out there who actually do get their children high for entertainment purposes. Let's not give them an audience on You Tube.

Heidi said...

There is a version where they put Christian Bales tantrum with it. PRICELESS.

Unknown said...

Oh come on Sensitive Sal. My mom once made me go down a hill in roller skates again, after crashing and burning the first time, so she could get pictures of me crashing. I was 9. My mom still laughs about it to this day. At least this kid isn't bleeding afterwards...

Spenc said...

I laughed my ass off for DAYS!!!

See you tomorrow!

amelia said...

Um this was totally me after I came out of anesthesia when I got my wisdom teeth removed. I just showed this video to GJ and he said "This is also you when you are half asleep." Awesome.

Just Nicole said...

That is kind of sad, especially at the end when he asks why it is happening to him. At least the kid is wearing a seat belt :|

King Jimmie said...

Radio From Hell thought it was creepy too. Bill was less-than-okay with it.