Friday, September 5, 2008

I can't believe a year went by so fast

I meant to post this yesterday, but yesterday was so busy that I was really only in front of a computer for a total of about one hour during the course of the whole day.

One year ago yesterday, I got into my car, pulled out of the old South Jordan driveway, and headed east for a new life on the other side of the country. I can't believe it's been a year - then again, I can't believe it's only been a year.

I don't have much more to say about it than that. I don't really want to reminisce about that day a year ago when I had to say goodbye to my home and my family. The last year has been really fun and exciting, but of course it's also been hard to be so far away from the people and places I love. And I'm in a good mood today, so I don't want to dwell too much on the bittersweet and get moody. :) I really just wanted to point out that I made it a full year as a non-Utahn, or at least as someone who doesn't currently live in Utah. I guess I'm still a Utahn, right?

Hmm. Pointless blog post. I promise, those photos from Jimmie and Steph's visit are still coming, eventually. My Internet at home has been down for a few days, so I haven't really had a chance...

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you are happy and well!!! But I still miss you!

amelia said...

Dang, I can't believe it's been a year.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. You continually make me smile. I love my Dougie!!! I'll see you soon!!!!!!

Unknown said...

well I can believe its been a year. Losing your my cuddle bun wasn't the easiest thing in the world but I am glad things have worked out so well....

Brian said...

Wow, a year. Can't beleive it was a year ago we said to each other "We're going to be so close! We'll see each other all the time!" Oh...wait...

Spenc said...

I'm with Brian on that one. I remember being so thrilled that you were en route to a new home just a few states down.

"A few states down" -- Wow, that really doesn't mean what it used to mean, does it?

LET'S GET TOGETHER SOON! SOMETHING HAS GOT TO GET PLANNED!

Will and Michelle Ridd said...

I can't believe you have lived there a whole year & we haven't visited you yet!!! I am a bad sister. Spring... I promise. And don't reminisce, you're right, it just makes you want to go back - I know the feeling all too well. Just enjoy it while you are there - we'll be back someday, right?

Brad said...

M:-)m says---I don't like to think about that day you drove out of our driveway. However, I am sooooo proud of your courage to try a new job in a new place so far away from those you know. You have more than proven to your mommy that you are indeed all grown up and capable of taking on the world! I miss you but I will see you on the 13th!!!