Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Our new favorite place

Spring in Washington, D.C., is fantastic! The cold is finally (mostly) gone, the hot humid summer isn't here yet, and all I want to do is be outside. And the good news is that there is lots of great outside stuff to do here. The cherry blossoms, apparently, are breathtaking. We're about a week from them peaking, and I hope to get out to see them (you'll get photos). I already walk almost everywhere I go; now, I REALLY walk just about everywhere. (Last week, we went to Eastern Market, an outdoor flea market/farmer's market in the SE quadrant of D.C. I live in NW, but the weather was so nice, I decided to walk home. Factoring in the detour to Lincoln Park, that's a little more than 5 miles, according to the Gmap Pedometer.)

And maybe most fun of all, Edison and I have a new place to add to our list of favorite outdoor spots: Walter Pierce Park's dog park. Not that it's a new park; it's been there much longer than I have, less than a quarter-mile from my house. I had always heard rumors of a happenin' dog park near my house, but its entrance is not all that conspicuous so I never really knew where it was. Now that we've found it, it's a great place to hang out after I get home from work. Now, some pictures:

Edison loves to be part of the greeting committee whenever someone new arrives:


Conga line!


Follow the leader:


A new friend:


Learning to share:


Off to the action:


I have a few videos, but YouTube is down and I need to go to bed, so I can't wait for it to come back up. So look for a post in the next day or two with live-action dog action. :)

4 comments:

Brian said...

You better watch it, or that dog gon' get raped.

Leigh said...

Doug, I'm going to D.C. May 15-19. Any change we can meet up?

Just Nicole said...

You are so lucky! I would love to see the cherry blossoms!

doug said...

Leigh - Um, of COURSE!